1 Apr 2019

Thee Wreck Some Covers


As I chatted about last month, the playlist for the trip to Wales v Trinidad and Tobago in Wrexham was all covers. Here's my selection featuring The Slits, Señor Coconut, and Devo.

I would embed it, but I'm having a spot of bother with Spotify, mirroring my issue trying to find all the covers I wanted to put on the playlist. It ain't as universal as you think... maybe that's something for another blog.

I have one regret though, a track I didn't even think about when putting together my big ten bangers for Wrecsam. I was reminded of it during the post-squash isotonic ciders in The Brewhouse & Kitchen last Wednesday. Hot Chip's cover of Joy Division's Transmission came on the pub jukebox (or whatever they use to play music).


I used to hammer this and in another one of those lovely coincidences, it appeared on the podcast I made for my first blogpost here, 10 years ago.

Related posts: