17 Mar 2009

A Number Of Names - Shari Vari

When I heard this in February last year, I was struggling to finish my dissertation in the library in Falmouth, head dribbling through florescent lighting, cheap coffee and staring at the same document for 8 hours.

Then I found this track over at The Ill-ec-tron-ic. The world became a good place again. The best new track I heard last year came out in 1981.

This is proto-techno, proto-electro, proto-everything. It is primal yet ahead of it’s time. Shari Vari still sounds like the future. A future I want to in on.


Bursting from the juice-bars of Detroit, where there was no booze, no drugs, no need for stimulants as the music was intoxicating in itself. The extraction of soul from boxes of wires seemingly an act of alchemy compared to what was to come by the end of the decade.


mp3---> A Number Of Names - Shari Vari
*Proper non-skippy version*