7 Dec 2018

Battle Against a Machine


Another December, another redundancy. Unlike last time, this one came out of the blue. I'm trying not to take it personally, half my department lost their jobs too. I was just another number on a spreadsheet. And for all the talk of companies having values and caring about their staff, they're machines. Machines that churn on and through people until they stop making money. Maybe I'm not taking it so well.

But hey, life finds a way. I'll be fine and I now have some time on my hands.

Playing EarthBound or watching The Wire for the umpteenth time was always going to be my plan if I had time to kill. Thing is I got sucked into EarthBound big time a couple of weeks ago. Rightly lauded as a cult classic, I've never played anything like it and the soundtrack is brilliant.

Here's a thirty minute loop of the music when you fight a robot or machine...


16-bit electronic gold from Hirokazu Tanaka, Keiichi Suzuki, and Hiroshi Kanazu.

So the question is now, do I Wire it? Or do I take my dabble with JRPGs onwards to Final Fantasy III on the SNES Mini Classic?

Or y'know get a job?


Related posts: