28 May 2009

Electroclash, Epiphanies & Elders

I have returned to my synthetic roots recently. It's been sparked by the "The 20 Best..." feature in FACT. Usually they round up the top 20 records of a particular sub-genre of which I have little to no knowledge, through the fact that it happened a long time before I saw Firestarter on TOTP and decided that electronic music was my bag.

This month they did the The 20 Best Electroclash Records. I suddenly felt very old. I remember these tunes. I realised that there were kids out there that had their epiphany after Emerge. I regressed, digging out Felix Da Housecat's Kittenz And Thee Glitz album. One of the many highlights (and #9 in FACT's list) is the rumblin' tumblin' cracked glamour of Silver Screen (Shower Scene). Time to pop on my slippers, light my pipe and pose.

*mp3---> Felix Da Housecat - Silver Screen (Shower Scene)
*Removed by request.