5 Dec 2009

Best Knob Twiddler of the Year 2009

Been thinking. Whose been the best laptop-wielding electronic fella this year? Yes I do have a lot of time on my hands.

There were three runners: Unicorn Kid, Memory Tapes and Gold Panda.

Unicorn Kid provided my favourite live experience this year at Green Man.


(I'm the twat in the green and red check shirt in the bottom right corner, trying not to spill cider).

Memory Tapes, kinda snuck up out of nowhere with a unique sound and free mp3s.

Gold Panda had been floating around for a minute and put in a decent performance at Swn, but I was never too sure about his own material, preferring his remix work.

That was until I heard Quitters Raga. A Four Tet flecked slab of summery eastern mysticism. Simply stunning.

And so the winner of Ceefax Of Life's inaguaral "Best Knob Twiddler of the Year" is Gold Panda. PRESTIGE!

mp3---> Gold Panda - Quitters Raga (Direct Link)