12 Dec 2010

Metronomy = The Light



I’m looking beyond Christmas. The bleak mid-winter stares back. I need something. Something to anticipate. Last year I had Poland. This year I don’t.

This week I found the answer. This year I have Metronomy. April 21st. Clwb Ifor Bach. Get tickets from here. Awesomesauce.

Unfamiliar with Metronomy? Well they make wonky electronic music that’s sometimes introverted and winsome and sometimes bumpin’ but always brilliant. They’re also about 15 times better than that description suggests. Sleb junkies can also hang on the news that Joe Mount (Metronomy main man) is apparently working with Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud.

Instead of posting stuff from their excellent albums (which are easily available and streamable in most places) or last summer’s Not Made For Love EP, I’m sticking up a track from their hard to find first EP Wonders and the remix they did with The Teenagers of Goldfrapp’s Happiness to try and give you a flavour of what they do and not piss anyone off too much.


Oh fuck it here's the video for Radio Ladio as well. Still makes me chuckle...