24 Dec 2012

Xmas Mix 2012: The Offcuts

Despite the appearance of it being randomly thrown together and seeing what sticks, I went through a lot of tracks for my Xmas Mix 2012. They were all pretty good (naturally) but just didn't seem to fit in with the hip-hop/weird shit flow, but I feel that I should post some of them anyway... though I'll be holding a few back for next year's mix.

In my first rough mix, these two were wedged in early but Plus One Loo rightly said they didn't sit right. With a long spoken word intro and being slightly less than bangin' when it kicks in, The Walkmen's Christmas Party is still a great track and worthy of a quick listen...



The other track to fall at the last hurdle was The Sonics' Don't Believe In Christmas. This is nothing to do with the track itself; it would've slotted nicely alongside Julian Casablancas' I Wish It Was Christmas Today, but the mp3 I had of it was too quiet and despite playing around with compression and whatnot, I couldn't get it to sound right. Next year then, maybe.



Haim's The Chanukah Song was nowhere near being in the mix, as it's, well, not really about Christmas but it is seasonal I suppose.



Unlike Gucci Mane's North Pole but that almost made it in... maybe I'm secretly anti-Semitic?



Nah, I love the Jews. And on that note, Merry Christmas everybody and if you haven't heard it already, please give my Christmas mix a spin; if anyone wants the mp3 of it, gimme a shout in the comments.

Related Shiznit: Xmas Mix 2012, Xmas Mix 2011, Xmas 2010