2 Jun 2015

Young Marble Birthday


Quite how I've never written about Young Marble Giants on here before is beyond me, especially as they were one of the first things I wrote about for theSprout.co.uk back in 2008.

Why am I writing about them now?


Well that's my birthday sorted.

If you're unfamiliar with Young Marble Giants then let a young me explain a bit...

"Formed in 1978 and disbanded before the end of 1980 after one LP, one EP and one single, their anthology was as minimal as the music contained within it. And as with the timeless classicalism of the Greek statues from where Young Marble Giants got their name, there is a timelessness to the music which is as intriguing and as alien today, as it was almost 30 years after it surfaced on the Rough Trade label."



If you're unfamiliar with Grassroots, then check out this article on theSprout.co.uk or head straight to their CrowdFunder page.

So head down to Spillers or buy online via The Globe.

See you there!