28 Jul 2015

Dumont > Ducktails


I've not posted for a while and I think it's down to spending a solid week listening to St. Catherine, the new album from Ducktails for a Buzz review. I liked The Flower Lane but man this album seriously bummed me out (though I seem to be out of step with most critics) and put me off listening to things for a while.

I eventually got over the hump with Domenique Dumont, who I came to through Gorilla Vs Bear's June 2015 Mix.

GORILLA VS. BEAR JUNE 2015 MIX by Gorillavsbear on Mixcloud



Think a poppy Tropicália take on good ol' chillwave but a bit more French and Um Bongo-y. Yeah, I think I need to work on my similes. Anyway it's super-summery and a bit cheesy but his/her stuff sounds great in July, though it might seem like a piss-take if you listen to it in November. Dumont's album, Comme Ça, came out last month on Antinote.



MP3 >>> Gorilla Vs Bear's June 2015 Mix [Hot link via GvB]