10 Feb 2019

Wreck Some Covers


I'm off to Wrexham next month. For the first time in over 10 years, Wales will play at The Racecourse, the oldest international stadium still in use.

Trinidad and Tobago await on Wednesday 20th March 2019. And as it's a three-hour drive, we're treating it as an away day, and doing another playlist challenge for the car.

This time around the theme is covers. Yet I'm having a bit of a 'mare. We're using Spotify and it doesn't seem to have all the oddball covers that I got from the glory days of the MP3 Blogs. I can't find Metronomy covering Fascination Street by The Cure or Ladytron's take on Tweet's Oops Oh My for starters.

One banger they do have though, which Boom Bip opened his latest NTS show with, is The Williams Fairey Brass Band covering Pacific 202.


A brass band take on the acid house classic by 808 State - what's not to love?

Related posts: