7 Nov 2020

9 in 1

Ah shit, here we go again.

Ruff Sqwad - Tings In Boots (Instrumental)

Adore the roughness and the rawness. Pure Fruity Loops Grime.

Stevie Wonder - Race Babbling

Stevie was doing techno before techno.

Boards of Canada - Dandelion (Reversed)

It's almost like it was meant to be played this way. 

Sonic Youth - I Love You Golden Blue

As featured on Beabadoobee's Radio 1 Chill Mix, this is indie-rock at its most horizontal. Beautiful stuff.

Str4ta - Aspects (Demus Dub)

Big ZE vibes off this. Mutant disco for punks in pumps.

Daniel Lopatin - Mohegan Suite

After listening to Magic Oneohtrix Point Never, I thought I'd give the Uncut Gems OST a spin. Let me tell you, it is not the most stress-free music to study/relax to while working. Who knew?

Mera Bhai - Mañana Groove


Sounds like Mera Bhai takes a throw-everything-in approach to electronic dance music. Pulsing with ideas. 

Aaronson - Live at Le Pub - 6th September 2020


Barry's finest in Newport's finest.

Nicky Robson - Stars



I was absolutely certain I posted about this back in the early days of this blog. Look like I didn't. Great story, Sam. Well, Stars is basically David Bowie's Fame as cosmic disco, a track that chugs rather than charges and has Gary Numan's fingers all over it. From 1981.

Related post: 8 in 1 (4)