12 Nov 2022

9 in 1 (17)

More list fun. Buzzfeed forever.

Electric Youth - The Best Thing

Was this on the Drive soundtrack? If not it should've been. Synthwave at its finest, mate.


The Space Lady - Synthesize Me

Weirdo synth pop from the western fringes of America. Proper outsider stuff, lovely stuff, think Flo played this on an NTS Breakfast show. I live for breakfast shows.


Sananda Maitreya - Wishing Well

A cornerstone of the mumbanger scene. Also, I completely missed when he changed his name from Terence Trent D'Arby. 


Bruce Springsteen - I'm on Fire

A Do!! You!!! staple, kinda surprised this is the first Bruce track I've posted in 13 years doing this blog.


Mathew Lee Cothran and Delaney Mills - Better Off Alone

Weird how your reaction to pop music changes over time, especially the stuff that came out when you're a teenager. I properly fist pumped to ATB's 9pm (Till I Come) in the drive down to Cornwall the other day and now here I am posting a lo-fi indie cover of Alice Deejay's Better Off Alone. I couldn't stand either track at the time but here we are.


Isa Gordon - Parting Game

Token entry of something released in 2022 in one of these 9 in 1 lists. That's harsh, this is proper good, sprawling intricate electronic head music, released on Optimo's label.


Der Plan - Hey Baby Hop

Prankster-ish German new wave from 1984. I am who I am, and I like what I like.


Dry Cleaning - Conservative Hell

Am I part of the meal deal? Yeah, I'm fully on board with Dry Cleaning now.


Joe & The Shitboys - Manspredator

Vegan queer punk band from the Faroe Islands? Yes please!


Related posts: