16 Jan 2024

5 A Day Delay

5-a-day in ASCII text art (doh style)

I meant to post about this while it was still up on Bandcamp. But I left it too late, and it's been removed. Then I thought I'd include Fruit 3 in the next 9 in 1 playlist. But then, no one has uploaded it to YouTube, not even Loraine James herself.

Instead, some brave soul has popped the whole 5 A Day EP on YT. So here we are.

I thought it'd make a nice post, a pay-what-you-want/can limited-time release from one of the big names in UK electronic music. Especially as I heard Fruit 3 in the bath on my new Makita radio when Mary Anne Hobbs played it on 6 Music during the Festive taint between Xmas and New Year. But I left it too long. So it goes.

Still, you can give it a spin on YouTube, five glitchy, tweaky tracks, the highlights being the aforementioned Fruit 3 which samples Gucci Mane and the Ice Spice sampling Fruit 5.

TBH the main thrust of this post is to brag I got a Makita radio for Xmas, which will feature heavily in my Instagram Stories this summer as I cosplay being a labourer in the garden.