29 Apr 2024

9 in 1 (34)

Glitched to oblivion picture that kinda looks like a fruit salad sweet.

Shouldn't it be warmer by now?

Anyway, here are nine tracks that I came across over the past month or so.

Electrelane - I Want To Be The President

A band I've always liked when I've heard anything by them. Weirdo, scratchy indie rock with flecks of post-punk and tonnes of ideas. Need to get an album or two.


Depeche Mode - Everything Counts

I picked up Left Cultures 02 on a visit to Shelf Life, Canton a few months back. The first piece in there talks about Everything Counts. And now it's here.


Hylif - Eyes Wide Shut

Popped up on shuffle as I shuffled to the library in the drizzle, the juddering synth line that comes in around 2:30 is what makes it for me.


Roedelius - Geradewohl

Beautiful fuzzy analogue synth workout with tape hiss and that from 1980s Germany. Boards of Canada before Boards of Canada. Swear it's been sampled somewhere.


Total Giovanni - Human Animal

I think these guys listen to Talking Heads. A lot. Sarahtonin's played this a few times on her excellent show on Do!! You!!! Radio, 3pm Wednesdays.


Deft - Supa Dupa

Lush if a little OTT post-dubstep from 2012. Popped up on shuffle during the drive back from Bristol to see Thundercat (who was fab obvs).

Turns out I posted about this track back in 2013 when I accidentally walked to IKEA.


Adelphi Music Factory - Ready To Go

Another car bumper, this was on the radio on a particularly sunny trip back from Cowbridge. Maybe it was spring sunshine, maybe it was a quick pint of HPA in the Vale of Glamorgan Inn, but this throwback/pastiche rave track hit the spot.


Cece Peniston - He Loves Me 2 (Steve Silk Hurley Original 12 Inch Mix)

Classic house, sugary sweet but still with a lot of punch. Absolute bumper.


Lindstrøm - Closing Shot

Incredible, emotive electronic disco music that makes me want to drive down neon-lit highways. A lot of driving in this post, huh?