5 May 2011

AOR Overkill



Saw somewhere the other day that Journey, Foreigner and Styx are going on a joint tour. Thankfully it's coming nowhere near Cardiff.

That isn't fair, they're all good bands but in small doses. I've been known to roar along to Don't Stop Believing at an ungodly hour in the equally ungodly Live Lounge (I won't bore you with the theories about its re-appropriation thirty years on) and Foreigner have their moments.

But it's Styx that are making me eye up the £50 ticket price. And only for one track, the rather atypical Mr.Roboto. This track throws me back to Falmouth. It was the soundtrack of my time at University. Not Klaxons, CSS or Hot Chip. Styx's Mr Roboto.

Domo Arigato Canadian Steph-O for introducing me to this song.


[Right-click and go for download document]

Now if they only added Free to the bill, playing that song from the Wrigley's advert, then we'd be on to a winner.