10 Jun 2011

Simon Reynolds Meets Ariel Pink



Over on Field Day's site they've got an interview by my favourite music writer, Simon Reynolds,with one of my favourite musicians, Ariel Pink.

It takes Reynolds till the fourth paragraphs to whip out some of his trademark hyphen pun play, which is pretty good going. It's also a pretty good interview contextualising Pink's place in the pop pantheon as well as his past.

Reynolds has a new book out Retromania: Pop Culture's Addiction to its Own Past, which I'll pick up when I eventually get paid. Pink is playing Field Day on August 6th with his Haunted Graffiti and is currently dominating my tracklist for the Field Day mix I'm working on. Expect it to drop err... before August 6th.



[Right click and "Download Document" to grab an mp3 of Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti's paean to Kate Bush, For Kate I Wait]