5 Jun 2011

A Thing For Metronomy

I know I talk a lot about Metronomy. Sorry, I just love them.

*IBA (Indie Bore Alert)* Loved them ever since I saw them on my 21st birthday in Newquay where they played on a tiny stage set up by Vice, followed by The Pipettes if I remember correctly. This was around five years ago. Yeah I was there from the beginning man. *End of IBA*

Anyway I've not talked about The English Riviera much and I'm worried that peeps think I'm not a fan. Well I love the album. It's gonna be in my top 5 come the end of the year, if not #1. It's just a grower. Posting one mp3 won't grab you. Stream it in full or better, buy it, play it, play it again, love it.

But for now I will leave you with this; a remix of A Thing For Me from their previous album Nights Out. By Breakbot and something to do with Bacardi, I only had an mp3 of the first 53 seconds until recently.

This week I finally got around to downloading a proper version. It was worth it as Breakbot twists it into a sultry sexy piano driven slowjam.

[Right click and "Download Document" to get the mp3 of Metronomy - A Thing For Me (Breakbot's B-LIVE Miami Mix)]

Oh and here's the brilliant video for the original...