8 Sept 2013

Legion Of DOOM


IMAGE: Doom Mask by BazNet

Been on a (MF) DOOM tip for the past week or so.

Main thing for this was getting around to listening to the BADBADNOTGOOD megamix of DOOM tracks (you can download from Lex Records' SoundCloud page) that is the perfect length for my walk into town from the Bay.

This has been supplemented by reading this history of MF DOOM by Jo Fuertes-Knight (always had a thing for her since Girl Eats Food) and then this exploration of the rise of beat tapes on FACT. The latter tipped me off about the Special Herbs tapes, which has been my soundtrack for most of this week...



As you can guess, despite liking DOOM for a minute I'm not a bookfiend, so I'm happy to concede that there might be better entry points, yet I think that the BADBADNOTGOOD mix link above is a pretty good introduction to MF DOOM.

And remember - all caps when you spell the man's name.