11 Mar 2014

Top 5 Things I've Heard Since I Started This Blog

My friend Gareth added me to Burning Red's REDmatter group and I've just seen that this week's task is a list post.

Every December I blog my Top 10 Things I Heard that year, so I thought I'd distil the lists down to a super-strength Top 5 so far (the year in brackets is when I blogged about it not necessarily when it came out, as you'll see).

5. Todd Terje - Inspector Norse (2012)

"Think Breaking Bad set in rural Norway with Jesse wearing an amazing (and I mean amazing) jumper and you get the gist of Todd Terje's new video for his funky spacey house bumper Inspector Norse..."



4. Telex - Moskow Diskow (2010)

"Moskow Diskow is a stupendous piece of dead-pan futuristic electronic disco music... from Belgium. It's the four-four handclap/fingersnap sound. It's the vocoder. It's the French (or Flemish, whatevs). It's the synths. It's the train motifs (the sister of Kraftwerk's bicycles?). It's the everything."



3. Amon Düül II - Mozambique (2010)

"[...] free-form, off-kilter German prog-rock [...]"



2. Danny Boy & The Serious Gods – Castro Boy (Somewhat Normal) (2009)

"I think I've found the gayest record ever [...] a clenched fist in-your-end-oh [...] Castro Boy is a truly remarkable track, a killer Italo-flecked HI-NRG floor shaker that screams shapes and sweat, mirrors and filth, intimacy and debauchery."



1. Rustie's Essential Mix (2012)

"Pitchfork can tell you why it's good or you could just use your ears..."



<< REWIND <<
Top 10 of 2013
Top 10 of 2012
Top 10 of 2011
Top 10 of 2010
Top 10 of 2009