9 Dec 2014

Battles, The Blue Club & The Bay

As promised in the bio on my new Instagram account, I like to take pictures of signs; stupid signs, graffiti on signs, neon signs and it's the latter that has sparked this post.


A few weeks ago this sign appeared on the side of what was The Point in Mount Stuart Square, a quite frankly brilliant music venue that I think is still sorely missed in Cardiff.

My initial joy was soon tempered, as I saw all the white trucks with their cables spewing out of their backs and I twigged they were filming again, which is a very common occurrence around the Square.

No matter, The Point will continue to live on in my heart as one of the finest this city has had, an old church with amazing sound and cheap Red Stripe in it. It also held one of my favourite all-time gigs, Battles in 2007.

Times and signs may change, but the good times live on and Atlas is still an absolute stonker of a record...