19 Oct 2015

I Know What Elves Like...


Regular readers of this blog will know I love Christmas.

Some people don't get on it till December, others wait to get Bonfire Night or Halloween out of the way first, but for me it can't start early enough - the moment I feel that cold northerly wind and I reach for a scarf then it's time to get excited.

And that's a good thing too, as my Xmas Mixes don't just throw themselves together, despite what you might think. It's also when I usually get to see my mum, and hang out with old friends; it really is the best time of the year,

The hunt for tracks for this year's mix has already begun and I soon learned of Kylie Christmas, Kylie Minogue's new album for the holiday season. It includes the usual suspects, a few original compositions and also the intriguing prospect of Christmas Wrapping with Iggy Pop.

Christmas Wrapping is my favourite Xmas song, so I really hope Kylie and Iggy (Kiggy?) do The Waitresses' classic justice. There's no sign of it online yet, but when researching this post I learned that The Waitresses also did I Know What Boys Like and quite how I missed that obvious connection is beyond me...