31 Mar 2016

Hellslinky

I'm off to Helsinki next month with work and I am of a mind to do a mix of Finnish music to mark the occasion.

Image Credit: Harris Morgan [CC BY-SA 2.5], via Wikimedia Commons

I knew Panasonic/Pan Sonic were from Finland, as were the mighty freestyling Bomfunk MCs, but was a bit struggers after that. Good ol' Wiki came through though and I was ashamed to say that I did not know that Darude, he of the ubiquitous Sandstorm, hailed from this fine Nordic nation.

So with that knowledge and the fact that Jimi Tenor, Jori Hulkkonen, Husky Rescue (and Lordi) all come from this non-Scandinavian country, it should be an interesting listen if I get round to making it.

In the meantime here's Slugabed chopping up and slowing down Sandstorm by Darude...

You can get a free mp3 of it if you sign up to Slugabed's newsletter over on the Ninja Tune website.