3 Apr 2016

Air Doom & Canal Parade

If you see some graffiti saying DOOM, I say you simply must stop and take a picture.

A photo posted by Sammyfax (@ceefaxoflife) on



I took this on Friday afternoon on my stroll from the office to The Abacus. I went to collect a table that I had helped to make out of pallets. Sadly I got mixed up and put my name down for the wrong one. Hey ho, I will just have to make some more pallet-based garden furniture now. And I did pick up a far nicer table than the one I originally went for... so I really can't complain.

I'm drifting... DOOM! Yeah, so when I clocked this graffiti on Canal Parade, I thought 'damn, gonna do me another blog on MF DOOM or DOOM or whatever name he's using for his latest collaboration.'



Yet after punching the word doom into iTunes, I found myself drawn to another artist, more electronica and less hip-hop. I decided to post about a track I've known for yonks called Air Doom. It was released by Dan Snaith under his Manitoba moniker back when he could legally use it. Air Doom is now classed as a Caribou track, as a lot of Snaith's early stuff has since been relabelled and released as Caribou due to that spurious lawsuit.



Air Doom is available on the expanded reissue of Start Breaking My Heart, my third favourite album of the 00s, but I came across it on a Leaf label sampler called Lost For Words back in 2002.