13 Aug 2016

Fantasy Morning

11.30am.

At 11.30am this morning (Saturday 13th August 2016), Gameweek 1 of Fantasy Football and Draft Fantasy Football begins. I've been tweaking and shuffling, a little confident. This smidgen of confidence is soon completely crushed, as guaranteed starters are shunted to the bench, offloaded to Italy (particularly perilous in Draftos) or are just utter dogshit.

But right now they are world beaters, league destroyers, my beautiful bastards until 3.01pm.

Here's some songs called Fantasy...

Breakbot - Fantasy (feat. Ruckazoid)
Mariah Carey - Fantasy
Earth, Wind & Fire - Fantasy
And, why not, some drums falling down the stairs from Squarepusher...

I came very close to naming my Fantos team Dial Squarepusher, one for all you Victorian football and IDM fans, but went with Ol' Dirty Barnsley. I'm Rumpy Pompey in Draftos, as the league requirement was for sex-based names. I was initially Jizz Richards and seriously weighed up The Frottagers. I am 31.

I may need to do some more tweaking, so for now, godspeed and good luck to all players. And never forget, Draftos > Fantos, I just didn't seem to have any songs called Draft.