12 Aug 2016

Koes Plus Cut Chemist Minus Shazam


I mentioned yesterday that I've not heard much that's blown me away during the last couple of months, as I've sailed through mixes and NTS shows on Mixcloud.

That was a tiny lie, there's been a couple of things. One that's sure to make my end of year list of best things I've heard is when Teki Latex dropped the Benny Hill Theme 15 minutes into his Hard & Fast Mix for Overdrive Infinity.

Another is the closing track to Everything is Everything's Suncut show which featured Quantic and Jurassic 5's Cut Chemist.



The tracklist of the show is incomplete but good old Google came to the rescue. I simply did a voice search on the S4 and they pinpointed it as Kelelawar by Koes Plus.


Shazam ain't got shit on this, honestly Shazam has never identified anything I've tried to used it for. But Google knows Indonesian pysch rock when it hears it. And I didn't even have to use an app. Here's my data Google, you're welcome to it.

Image: via Wikimedia Commons