8 Sept 2016

Oops, There Goes My Bus

Cardiff Bus uses a different four letter word every day as a security measure on its app.

Monday's was OOPS. Apt as the app is pretty balls most of the time. Anyways it meant that I had Oops (Oh My) by Tweet (feat Missy Elliot) in my head most of the day...

I know it's not an original sentiment, I mean Bump & Grind have rinsed a successful club night out of it in Cardiff for years, but damn early 00s R'n'B was next level. Seriously, I think people will be name-dropping the productions of Timbaland, The Neptunes et al for years as a key influence and inspiration, the way that Motown has always been held in high regard.

How is this the first time that Missy has come up on the blog?

And I never knew there was a Ladytron cover...

Image Credit: Chris Sampson (NDW408X 240602) [CC BY 2.0], via Wikimedia Commons