20 Sept 2016

Throbbing Cyclist

The Cyclist is one of those rare beasts for me in that I found out about him purely by him popping up in a mix series I'm into.

The thing is I only tend to give something a spin if I know something of the artist, a remix here, a production credit there. But The Cyclist? The first time I head of him was when he did FACT Mix 498 and the second time was yesterday when he popped up with Dummy Mix 453.



But other than that I've not seen or heard anything. And it's odd as I'd have thought his murky and muffled mixes would have raised his profile a lot higher. If he keeps chucking ESG and Throbbing Gristle early into his mixes, I think it won't be long till more people sit up and take notice of his Tape Throb thinking.

Image Credit: patricia m (matchnippo031) [CC BY-SA 2.0], via Wikimedia Commons