24 Nov 2016

Interview: Aaronson - South Wales' Finest Post-Punkers


On Tuesday night Aaronson tore Gwdihw a new one. Ferocious post-punk shook the feathers off that little owl, as Aaronson celebrated the release of their debut album Appearance And Reality.



With my other hat on, I caught up with Mark and Dan from the band in the beer garden after their set. There are however a few things I feel I have to point out before you press play.

1. Yes, I know Bernard Sumner was the guitarist not the bassist in Joy Division and New Order.
2. I forgot to bring a mic stand, so be prepared for when Mark starts banging the table.
3. Peter Crouch is 6' 7" tall.
4. The singer in Young Marble Giants is Alison Statton.
5. I do not need a second invitation to start shouting the lyrics to Bound 2 by Kanye West.