15 Oct 2017

Daphni Does It

Essential listening this week has come in the form of Daphni's one-off NTS show. Daphni is the clubbier side project of Dan Snaith, more widely know as Caribou, so you should know that it's two hours of excellent and eclectic music.

I'm going to highlight two tracks from the show that have stuck with me.


First up is Medellin, which appears on Daphni's new album Joli Mai and is a bumping, twisty slice of uplifting house music.

The second is James Holden & The Animal Spirits - Each Moment Like The First, a wibbly downtempo jam that builds steadily across its five minutes...



I need an image to go with this post, and while I'm a fan of Dan Snaith's glasses, I can't resist shoe-horning in some Frasier.


Photo Credit: Alan Light [CC BY 2.0], via Wikimedia Commons