8 May 2020

All 4 The Techno


How's your sourdough starter and your YouTube yoga going? Yeah, me neither.

Instead, I'm getting through lockdown by grinding through FIFA Mobile (Sammyfax - OVR 117 come at me bro) and with All 4, Channel 4's catch up service. Still 4OD though.

I like All 4. I like its limited choice. I like its freeness too. Yeah, the adverts are a pain but I could always upgrade to All 4+. I won't but I could.

Anyway, freedom from choice. It means I actually watch stuff rather than endlessly scroll before becoming paralysed through dawdling.

This limited choice applies to the 20 odd films that are available. And in the Strange and Unprecedented Times ™ it's meant I've been able to tick off two classics. Both have killer soundtracks too.

First up is Assault on Precinct 13. John Carpenter's cult action b-movie from 1976 absolutely holds up and the minimalist electronic soundtrack is a joy.


You've got a few days left to catch it on All 4.

Unlike Trainspotting, which I don't think ever leaves the service. Here's Underworld's Dark & Long (Dark Train) from the lovely scene where Renton comes off the scag.


I'm thinking Sexy Beast next, but whatever it'll be it will thankfully be a quick decision. What I'm not thinking is taking up yoga.

Related post: All 4 Amen