20 Mar 2021

7 in 1 (3)


Old songs for endless times.

‌Body and Soul - The Graylands

Sad-boi coldwave from 1983? Always, always, always.

‌The Passions - I'm In Love With a German Film Star

Another one of those 'how have I not posted this before' bangers. Exquisite post-punk. It's a glamorous world.

Chic - Chic Cheer

The groove to end all grooves. I nicked my mum's copy of C'est Chic back in the day, man I hammered that album.

‌Hot Chip - Wrestlers

As played in a recent Sunday Glove Songs feature on RadMac, this deeply silly song (and video, which I forgot James Murphy is in) is also weirdly pretty and affecting. Willy Nelson!

‌Alice Deejay - Better Off Alone 

I think you can apply 'deeply silly yet weirdly affecting' to this track too.

Christ, if you told me at 14 that I'd be dancing around the kitchen in a dressing gown to this 20 years later... I would've probably believed you TBH. Anyone for Rock The Park in Wrexham this summer?

Also, can we all celebrate the top shithousery of calling your album Who Needs Guitars Anyway?

‌Skip Mahoney and the Casuals - I Need Your Love

Strife-riddled soul music from 1972? This punches.

‌Tatsuro Yamashita - Fragile

Tyler, the Creator listens to city pop then?


Related post: 7 in 1 (2)