7 Mar 2021

Radio 1's Residency: Spring 2021 Update



Here we go again. Six months on from the last post, it's rotation time for the BBC Radio 1 Residency.

Ins
  • Anz
  • Avalon Emerson
  • Carista
  • Carl Cox
  • Shy FX*
Outs
  • Disclosure
  • DJ EZ*
  • Eris Drew and Octo Octa
  • Saoirse
  • Teki Latex
Remainers
  • Amelie Lens
  • Joy Orbison
  • Sherelle
* I've got asterisks going on here as the upcoming episodes still have DJ EZ but Anz announced Shy FX on her debut show. And I'd prefer Shy FX to DJ EZ, so let's go with that, shall we? But it's gotta be said in previous shuffles, it's usually four in, four out, four remains. Who knows.

Anyway, the new additions look good, Carl Cox is one of the dons on UK dance, I've previously posted an Avalon Emerson production, and it'll be nice to dip my toe back into d'n'b with Shy FX. I'm not aware of Anz or Carista, but it's always good to hear some new DJs.

My minor gripe is with who has remained, I'd happily swap those three for Eris Drew and Octo Octa, Saoirse, and Teki Latex, but the latter two have had a long run so I suppose it should be mixed up. Shame though. I do feel that Eris Drew and Octo Octa are unlucky however, their shows were always a riot.

Still, let's see what the next six months will bring.