3 Nov 2021

Washed Out [and Repeated]

I had a quick dig through my likes on SoundCloud after the EGG MIX drew me back to the platform. 

Buried way down the list was a short mix from Washed Out. And I mean short, like 20 minutes short. Still, it packs in those 2010 vibes, proper chillwave like.

Tracklist: Washed Out - The Fantastic Symphony Mix for Platform. (March 2010)

  • Arch M – “Bedrm Band at Caf NVA (edit)”
  • The Samps – “Magnetic Thys”
  • Samiyam – “Wrap Up”
  • Toro Y Moi – “Brubek”
  • Koushik – “Homage”
  • Osborne – “Afrika (Bullion Remix)”
  • Iasos – “Inter-Dimentional Music”
  • Jack Nitzsche – “Untitled (edit)”
  • The Khalsa String Band – “Song of Bliss”

I think Platform was the magazine/website that spawned Boiler Room

If you fancy more of this type of music with terrible attempts at Blue Jam style humour over the top, I made Nos Da around the same kinda time.

[Just as I was finishing writing this post and was sorting the labels out, I found that I wrote about this mix in December 2009. We go round and round and round.]