6 Feb 2022

Roughion's Dydd Miwsig Cymru History of Welsh Dance Music Mix

Right, you know in my last post, where I said I was after Y Brodyr y Ffin - Dal i Freuddwydio (Cymysgiad Estinedig), but I couldn't find it? Well...

I still can't find it.

The closest I've come is this top mix from Roughion, made for Mon FM last year to celebrate Dydd Miwsyg Cymru / Welsh Language Music Day. And I'm delighted to learn that yacht rock reached Wales too... coracle rock?

Tracklist:

  1. Edward H Davis - Smo Fi ishe Mynd
  2. Endaf Emlyn - Nol i'r Fro
  3. Bando - Aderyn y nos
  4. Igam Ogam - Caru i Fyw
  5. Malcolm Neon - Nefolaidd 
  6. Brodyr y ffin - Dal i freuddwydio
  7. Eirin Peryglus - Y Llosg 
  8. Llwybr Llaethog - Caru ti Dub
  9. Acid Casuals - Can 7 (Tobias Felbermayr Remix)
  10. Diffiniad - Calon 
  11. A487 - Yn Y Galeri
  12. Roughion - Sws

While you're at it, Gwion Ap Iago from Roughion fronted a recent edition of Curadur on the history of Welsh dance music. Filmed in Chapter like, it's well worth catching on the iPlayer / S4C's Clic while you still can.