11 Sept 2024

9 in 1 (38)

More glitched nonsense


They just flicked a switch and now it's autumn.

Bog Band - Midnight Chancers

As mentioned in Flo Dill's recently returned newsletter, she compares this newish Irish band to Prefab Sprout, so obvs had to give it a go. Super slick, bordering on pastiche, lounge funk. Kinda hard to find anything else on them outside their Bandcamp, don't know whether that's a gimmick or they ain't great at SEO.


Metronomy - A Thing for Me (Breakbot Remix)

This came up on shuffle on a recent drive down to Portsmouth, shout out to Huis, my only highlight from that sub-ideal weekend. Anyway, love this remix by Breakbot maybe even more than the original. I first posted about this track in 2011. FFS.


Cornershop ft Rosanna - Double Denim

Yep, that Cornershop in 2024. Lovely summery bop with a criminally low view count on YouTube.


The Streets - Weak Become Heroes

The name's European Bob.


Ludacris - What's Your Fantasy ft. Shawnna

I was having an absolute shite week last week, then OG played this on Do You Radio. Cranked it. Life wasn't as shite. The power of early 00s commercial hip-hop. Not sure if it was linked to Luda whipping out some massive fake arms for a first pitch last week??


SOPHIE - Berlin Nightmare

Guys, hate to say it, but I'm not sure about this posthumous album. I want to love it but... I dunno. Hope I change my mind.


Vince Staples - Yeah Right

I mean compared to this, y'know? Kendrick on a SOPHIE beat, incredible.


Lynks - Str8 Acting

Electroclash will never die. Fun fact: I used this in another list in 2020, but CBA changing it now.


Vitalic - You Prefer Cocaine

And on the drive back from that shite weekend in Portsmouth was this absolute electro-techno banger from 2001. Any EP with this on would be a classic, but add in LA Rock 01 too? Ooof.