3 Oct 2013

Oneohtrix Point Never, Oni Ayhun & Too Much Stress

So I was pretty excited about Oneohtrix Point Never's XLR8R mix and Trentemøller's Resident Advisor mix this week...


I only listened to each mix once today but gave my 2p anyway...


One track in particular stood out and that was Oni Ayhun's OAR003-B on the Oneohtrix Point Never mix. Resident Advisor seems to think it's something to do with The Knife, I haven't the foggiest but it is a stunning 11-minutes of shimmering hypnotic techno-not-techno electronic beauty.



I'm sure there are other highlights (and that Trentemøller's mix has its merits) but I was so wracked with stress today (I had a report to do in work before I took a week off... I'm also getting married on Saturday) that I may have missed them.

Alternatively it may say something about the brilliance of OAR003-B by Oni Ayhun that it burst through the clouds of my mind this afternoon.

If you download the XLR8R podcast (and I recommend you subscribe on iTunes for fantastic mixes every week) then it drops around 1 hour and 35 minutes mark.