10 May 2018

Hi, How Are You Blinky?

Bought this while half-cut on Saturday from Possum Print. Only a fiver, so all good.


15-year-old Sam would have been tamping though. While I know of Daniel Johnston, I'd not listened to Hi, How Are You. I had bought a music t-shirt without being a big fan of the musician. For some reason this used to bother me. I remember getting worked up seeing a Motorhead t-shirt for sale in Topshop. Sorry, that should be Motörhead, can't forgot the metal umlaut. I don't give a shit about Motörhead now and gave even less of one then. God knows my I was mad at it. And I'm sure I bought a Gene t-shirt for £1 in the Virgin Megastore in the Capitol Centre around the same time.

I've always been a hypocrite.


Anyway I decided to give Hi, How Are You a spin... and it's good. I can hear why it has a cult following. But I can't hear myself spinning it in the car, y'know? Still, I bought the t-shirt more for The Simpsons side of things. Plus I got the Frank Ocean one previously.

As a quick aside, looking up Daniel Johnston got me on to one of my favourite activities of an evening. And that’s falling into a Wikihole. Turns out Daniel Johnston was lumped in with the New Sincerity scene and from there I went everywhere.