3 May 2018

Rave Against The Dying Of The Light


Pangaea is playing Clwb Ifor Bach next month. 1st June to be exact. A Friday. Boom!

Boom?

The thing is the time of it. Doors are 11pm. It ends at 4am. I get up at 6am for work and I'll be hanging by doors never mind when Pangaea steps up.


And I know it makes perfect sense for club music to be played late and loud. But it increasingly feels like a young man's game y'know? And it feels like the drop off for attending shows such as Pangaea is more severe than say with rock gigs. And I wonder if it's to do with the earlier stage times you get with touring bands?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating for those 'family rave' events. I'm sure they're great fun for all involved but if my mum or dad ever took me to one as a child, I don't think I'd be able to go to the toilet now. I'd still be clenching.

Nor do I fancy those morning pre-work raves. Vice reported from one a while back, and tore it out because they would wouldn't they? Still I can't ever see myself at one. So what do I want?

I'm not sure. Club culture is a late culture. Always has been, always will be. Maybe I'm worrying (yet again) about how old I feel. I mean for fuck's sake I bought this yesterday...



Maybe I should just suck it up and go. Disco naps be damned.

However there's no chance of me making it to DJ Boring on a Tuesday night (doors at 11pm), much as I'd like to. It's sold out anyway. Damn kids.


Related posts:
Original image by Bill Branson (Photographer) [Public domain or Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons