15 May 2021

10 in 1 (5)



Another month, another random list of music I've been listening to. I say random, I think four of these are electronic tracks from the early 80s. And none from 2021. 

Hmmm.

Kraftwerk - Techno Pop

It was the 40th anniversary of the release of Computer World this week. This isn't from it. Look, it's my blog, I'll do what I want.

Alice Coltrane - Galaxy In Turiya

A gorgeous piece of music I've heard here and there for years and never knew the name of until now. Cosmic jazz?‌

Thundercat - Funny Thing

Loop it. Loop it for days. Well, longer than 1 minute 57 seconds anyway.‌

Wagon Christ - Saddic Gladdic

As featured recently on Jake FM on NTS, this takes me back to my Llantwit days, all Ninja Tune and The Blue Room, hour-long bus rides to Cardiff and walks on the beach.

Ghostwriters - Swizzle

Trippy minimal electronics from 1981? Always.‌

Haruomi Hosono - Sports Men

I was certain I'd posted this before. Sports Men is the stand out track on Pacific Breeze: Japanese City Pop, AOR & Boogie 1976-1986. A low-key banger from the Yellow Magic Orchestra member.‌

Aphex Twin - Bbydhyonchord

AKA the other good track off Drukqs.‌

Gary Numan - Music for Chameleons

AKA the song that Alan Partridge plays air bass to in the caravan. It's actually Cardiff's Pino Palladino playing the fretless bass on it.

Kelly Lee Owens - Corner Of My Sky ft. John Cale

I liked this track even before I knew the music video was Michael Sheen having serious issues with his toaster.

DMX - Who We Be

RIP.

Related post: 10 in 1 (4)