18 Jul 2021

9 in 1 (5)


More random bangers.
   

Sfire - Sfire2

This has something to do with SOPHIE, but I definitely know it's an icy synth-pop banger. Honestly, one of the best things I've heard all year.

The Cure - The Walk

More synths, more 80s. Honestly, that should be the tagline for this blog.

Prefab Sprout - Golden Calf

Pivoting to Prefab Sprout fandom was not something I was expecting in 2021, but here we are.

Burial - Space Cadet

I've not kept close tabs on Burial's career TBH, maybe he's done this for a while, but I would never expect Burial to sound so joyous, so Balearic. Lots of samples going on here including Diana Ross for the main vocal refrain, but leave it to Reddit to dig up the obscure Finnish synth-pop that kicks in around 7 minutes.

Prince - I Would Die 4 U (Extended Version)

I don't think this is the version I was after, but fuck it, a ten-minute wig out of probably my favourite Prince track is always good. I am however very grateful I never dressed as Prince for Halloween, that would never be good.

Adam Pitts - Gazza

South Walian Speed Garage anyone? Well, on a Cardiff label anyway? Haŵs have you sorted.

Ben Norman - Got To Be

You bet I'm still on an Italo-disco tip after last Sunday's result.

Italo Monitor - Balla Marinetti (Der Mussolini)

More Italian music because why not? This time rather than kitsch disco it's some industrial synth punk.

DJ Food - Scratch Yer Hed (Squarepusher Mix)

One of the joys of having my own office space is that I can have all my music out. This features on Zen RMX, a comp I've not played for yonks. Yonks I tell you.

Related post: 9 in 1 (4)