22 Aug 2021

Field Day Throwback

I got a notification from MixCloud that someone had 'favorited' my Ceefax Of Life Presents Field Day Mix 2011.

"A mix of bands and artists that I look forward to seeing at Field Day 2011 on Saturday August 6th." I forgot all about it until that sweet, random dopamine hit of a like. 

So, I'd thought I'd give it a spin after some quality cask ales in The White Hart and The Old Swan Inn.

Ah.

Not one but two Ariel Pink tracks.

Well, I can't rewrite history.

Aside from that, it's alright like, and I'm quite happy with the transition from SBTRKT to James Blake in particular. I'm also happy that someone found a 10-year-old mix I did and listened to it, that it's still there, and that there's still a little bit of randomness and chance on the internet. Because, y'know it feels like being online is an increasingly sanitised experience with gated communities controlled by tax-dodging overlords.

Which I write on a platform owned and run by Google. On a Chromebook. 

Ah.

Still, give my old mix a spin yeah? And a like?