2 Jan 2022

Top 10 Things I Heard in 2021

Here are the ten best things I heard in 2021. 

As with previous editions, this list is not the best stuff released this year, but my favourite music I heard for the first time in 2021. There's like, two tracks from last year, most are from the 80s. 

I've also included my mix, compilation, and album of the year... those came out in 2021 though. Look, I'm barely holding it together as it is. 

Here's the list in no particular order:

The Roches - Hammond Song 

The Gloaming - Allistrum's March

★ Grauzone - Eisbaer

★ Wet Leg - Chaise Longue (dancing around the patio with the boy in the summer to this is one of those memories I hope will always stick)

★ Haruomi Hosono - Sports Men

★ Cuélebre - Costa Verde

Tullio de Piscopo - Stop Bajon

★ Sfire - Sfire2

Burial - Space Cadet

For Those I Love - I Have A Love (Overmono Remix)

2021 Mix of the Year

Oneohtrix Point Never's Essential Mix from April.

2021 Compilation of the Year

Ritmo Fantasía: Balearic Spanish Synth​-​Pop, Boogie and House (1982​-​1992)

2021 Album of the Year

Ffrancon - Gwalaxia: Belleville 1315 / Machynlleth 1414

Related post: Top 10 Things I Heard in 2020