19 Feb 2023

Hudmo SlowJams

Somehow, despite digging Hudson Mohawke for years, I learned about his Valentines Slow Jams series just this week.

Starting in 2007 and apparently getting 'worse' every year, I've not listened to all of them yet but they mainly seem to be super syrupy 80s and 90s R'n'B, funk, and soul with the occasional gunshot SFX.

And keeping with the old school vibes this year's mix, Hudson Mohawke’s Valentines Slow Jams Chapter 12, doesn't appear to be on the streamers right now. Instead, you can listen over on the LuckyMe website and download it too with all the other chapters.

I did this by accident, thinking it was a WAV when I saw the huge file. So imagine my delight when unzipping it there were 12 mixes in there.

I've definitely downloaded worse suspiciously large files from the internet.