15 Feb 2023

9 in 1 (21)

Did you feel that sun the other day? Could it be Spring? It felt so good, so close.

HMS Morris - Myfyrwyr Rhyngwladol

My New Year's Resolution is to listen to more Welsh-language radio shows. So here we are. Buzzy, bright art-rock-pop that mentions City Road and features my beloved Grangemoor Park in the video.


Tara Bandito - Croeso I Gymru

You wait for a bus etc. Another Lwp video, this is a fun bassy rumbler yn Gymraeg.


Yellow Magic Orchestra - Cue

I started a new note on my phone for the best things I heard in 2023 after one play. Synth-pop at its finest and years ahead of its time. Yellow Magic Orchestra are/were incredible. RIP Yukihiro Takahashi.


Yukihiro Takahashi - Drip Dry Eyes

Let's have a solo track as well from the great man, who passed away last month.


Wire - Strange

From 1977's Pink Flag. Definitive post-punk like.


The Stranglers - No More Heroes

I joined a game of that Music League last month. No More Heroes (great Wii game) was one of the tracks entered in the 'reminds you of your parents' round. I chose Here Comes The Rain Again by Eurythmics. I did not win.


Diana Ross - I'm Coming Out (Original Chic Mix)

Irresistible even in the gloom of this eternal winter. As sampled on Biggie's Mo Money Mo Problems.


Dafydd Pierce - Gorsaf y Gofod

Gwalaxia very nearly made it onto my Top 10 Things I Heard in 2022, and here's the title track from the space funk rock concept album released on cassette in 1980 or 1981.


Moderat - Milk

Sprawling, chugging, forever building electronic music from Moderat's second album in 2013.


Related posts: